Monday, February 2, 2015

'New Brooklyn' won't die. 'New Brooklyn' is a zombie.



If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where the New Brooklyn article was born, and what that lousy meme was like, and how news writers were occupied and all before they had a New Brooklyn article written, and all that hipster kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.

Unfortunately for me and you, here's The Daily Beast reanimating that whole 'Catskills is the New Brooklyn,' thing.  And here's All Over Albany wonderfully deconstructing that terrible zombie meme.  It should be dead, but it creeps up and scares you all over again when you least expect it.

It could be worse, though. We could be talking about the left shark.  Or both sharks.  Welcome to journalism, everybody.




The Four: Today I introduce a new thing, because I am in need of some ~structure~ and I don't quite feel like talking about zombies or sharks or zombie sharks.

So here are the top four trending stories at the Freeman (as I'm writing this) that are not terrible news-type of stuff. I'm doing four instead of five because everybody does '5 things' and I don't feel like doing five, if you want to know the truth.

* We are live-blogging/tweeting the snowstorm! Use #dfsnow if you want to share your photo. I added close to 50 to a gallery. *left shark dance gif*

* There are 69 comments on a letter to the editor from Jan. 28 about a PTA planning to boycott state tests and people are still going at it right now because schools are closed today?

* PSA: Emissions.

S T _ R S T R _ _ _.

One cat: Zombie cat.
One Google Glass photo: No zombies here.


Yesterday's Internet, Today! is a zombie shark in which I throw in a bunch of links I tweeted, faved or saw the day before or in the morning. You also get a cat and a Google Glass photo. You can get this as a newsletter, you know?